Monday, December 10, 2012

Orewa Shipwreck by Carly Williamson (CarlyWilliamson)

Orewa Shipwreck by Carly Williamson (CarlyWilliamson)) on 500px.com
Orewa Shipwreck by Carly Williamson
A retired vessel rests in the ship graveyard located in Greenpoint near Bluff, New Zealand. The Orewa was built in 1898 up in Auckland. It was used as an oyster trawler and a ferry. It's final days were spent in Bluff. I took this shot on a very cold autumn evening back in '09. When I got here, I forgot my tripod! But there were plenty of rocks around that were stable enough to sit the camera on and I used a small flat stone to prop up the lens. The moon was out too, but I cropped it out since the reflection was just a big white smudge in the water. I'd never been to this spot before and it was my Dads idea to head down for look. The far south of NZ's South Island definitely gets its fair share of rough weather - other vessels brought here are nothing but skeletal remains, which makes this particular wreck more special since it has managed to stand the test of time! Canon EOS-5D, f/10, 30 sec, ISO-100, 24mm, CPL landscape, new zealand,south island,ship graveyard orewa 1898 southland bluff greenpoint

No comments: